Cinnamon sugar popcorn is so quick and easy to make, takes only 4 ingredients, and it’s delicious! It reminds of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal so you know it must be good.
You can make this vegan by substituting the butter for a plant-based butter.
This popcorn is so yummy you’ll probably want to make a double batch. To do so is super easy, just double the ingredients!
When you buy through the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
- Popcorn: You can use air-popped, unflavored microwave popcorn, or stovetop popcorn (see here for how to make perfect stovetop popcorn).
- Butter – I used unsalted, but feel free to use salted.
- White sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
MAKE THE CINNAMON SUGAR
Step 1: Add cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
PREPARE THE POPCORN
Step 2: Make 8 cups of popcorn. I prefer stovetop popcorn (see my recipe for perfect stovetop popcorn here), but you can use air-popped or unseasoned microwave popcorn. Use 1/4 cup popcorn kernels to make 8 cups of popcorn.
Step 3: Make sure to remove all un-popped kernels.
Step 4: Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
ADD THE BUTTER
Step 5: Melt butter in microwave.
Step 6: Drizzle butter over popcorn. Toss to coat.
ADD THE CINNAMON SUGAR TO POPCORN
Step 7: Using a spoon, sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over popcorn.
Step 8: Toss to coat.
How Long Does Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn Last?
Cinnamon sugar popcorn tastes so good that you’ll probably eat it all in one sitting! It also will get soggy if it’s not eaten soon after making because of the melted butter.
I would suggest making just enough to eat at a time. If you do have any left over, you can probably store it for a day, two would be pushing it. To crisp it up, put it in a 250°F oven for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
How to Store Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
Cinnamon sugar popcorn is best when eaten in one sitting. If you do plan on storing some, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
MORE POPCORN RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- 8 cups popped popcorn (made from 1/4 cup popcorn kernels)
- 2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare popcorn, remove unpopped kernels and put in bowl.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Drizzle butter over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Spoon cinnamon sugar mixture over buttered popcorn. Toss to coat.